Fabled are looking for a copy editor to proofread, format and modify content for book printing. We are looking for a special person who will make sure that each one of our books is grammatically correct, readable, and correspond with the brand image and target audience of our Authors and Company. Our titles use both US and UK English depending on the author so there is an expectation that you will be proficient in both.
If you're dedicated, ambitious and love adult romance then, Fabled Co. is an excellent place to grow your career. Don't hesitate to apply.
Responsibilities for Copy Editor
As our Fabled Copy Editor, you are expected to:
- Be an ABSOLUTE InDesign expert!
- Proofread content and correct spelling, punctuation, and grammatical errors
- Evaluate submissions from writers and recommend for our boxes or special editions
- Have strong creative thinking skills and ability to think conceptually
- Be comfortable working independently with little direction under tight deadlines
- Have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Proven ability to demonstrate brand voice
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent portfolio of work
- Communicate within the company with creative directors or other interested parties via email, telephone calls, or in person
- Keep up to date with trends in content and style reflected on various popular social media channels
Qualifications for Copy Editor
- Applied knowledge and understanding of Adobe InDesign
- Minimum 2+ years of copy-editing experience preferred
- Proficiency with applying the principles of style guides, such as the Chicago Manual of Style, to different types of writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Thorough knowledge of media production and communication
- Ability to remain detailed-oriented and focused when processing large amounts of text
- Willingness to collaborate with a creative team of writers, graphic designers, and others
- Strong computer processing skills, especially Adobe
- Basic knowledge of legal issues involved in publishing, such as libel and plagiarism
- Mastery of spelling, grammar and punctuation errors and ability to make constructive suggestions
The position can is classified as flexible with
Minimum hours per month: 15 with anticipated increase in line with business growth.
This can be either an offsite position or onsite at our offices.
Applications must include a recent resume and an outline addressing the Responsibilities of a Copy Editor. Applications and queries can be sent to email@example.com