Shipping & Delivery
Shipping Information - Shop Only
Items from the Fabled Finds shop section of our website are shipped within 7-10 days from your order.
All items advertised in the shop are available for immediately shipment.
General Shipping Information
Shipping dates for each month begin at the 20th of the box month. Our boxes are shipped in batches and while we do our very best to get them out the door quickly it may be up to 10 days before all our monthly boxes have been picked up.
There are still significant delays with the Australia Post delivery system due to a significant lack of domestic and international flights. This means that your monthly box may be delayed but still on its way.
The reduction in commercial flights has also meant delays in shipping items. This has in turn increased the amount of goods shipping via sea, which means we are seeing some delays as our products don’t make it onto ships that are already full. Delays at port, exacerbated by reductions in staff to allow for COVID distancing, means these delays are worse than usual.
Book publishers are also experiencing delays, both due to a reduction in staff and because many books that were scheduled to be published earlier in the year were pushed to the autumn, meaning they have more titles to print now. We are seeing delays in receiving books as a result of this.
We are doing everything we can to minimise these delays and build buffer periods into our planning so that delays affect boxes shipping on time as little as possible. That said, we are operating during a pandemic and there is only so much we can do to stop delays. We are so grateful for your continued patience during this difficult time.
Here are a few general things to note
- Auspost (who we use for all our shipping both domestically and internationally) are able to deliver in almost all countries. We are however seeing delays in shipments both due to the lack of cargo planes and additional border checks, so please do be patient once you receive your tracking email. If there are no tracking updates after two weeks, or you have any concerns regarding the shipping of your order, please get in touch with us by email
- We are able to change the delivery address of your order if needed up to two days before the 20th of the month. You can change your address for an existing order any time up to this point by emailing us to request it. Please note that changing your address in your account does not change it on any paid-for orders, including subscription renewals.
Lost, Missing or Delayed Parcels
This information is provided by www.auspost.com.au who are our only shipping provider.
Most late parcels arrive within 5 business days of their expected delivery date. Please be aware that some parcels may be delayed by COVID-19 disruptions.
If the delivery is taking much longer than we expected, there are a few things worth checking before we begin an investigation.
Things to check
If your item was sent using a tracked service you can track it to check the status.
- Card received
Check if a notification card is in your letterbox or under your door – your item may have been delivered to the Post Office.
- Accepted on your behalf
Check if someone else at home or work accepted or signed for the item on your behalf. If you live or work in a large building, check with building management or the mailroom to see if they have it.
- Address details
Check the address details with the sender – they may have made a mistake when addressing the item.
- Known service delays
If you are sending or waiting on an item from overseas, you can check for any known international delays by viewing our international updates. Domestic service disruptions are listed on our domestic updates page.
If your enquiry is about the delivery of essential medication, please contact us as soon as you think your item is running late or missing.
For all other deliveries, please get in touch if your:
- domestic item hasn't arrived within 15 business days of the expected delivery date
- International Courier or Express item hasn’t arrived within 1 business day of the estimated delivery time
- International Standard item hasn't arrived within 10 business days of the estimated delivery time
- International Economy or Airmail item hasn't arrived within 3 months of posting
- Registered Post International item hasn't arrived within 25 business days of posting
To make an enquiry, please complete our missing item form.
Completing the form
- for your contact details
- for the item tracking number
- whether you’re the sender or recipient
- whether the item is a letter or parcel
- how the item was sent (for example Express or Regular Post)
- what the ‘from’ and ‘to’ postcodes were (or your best guess)
- when the item was sent
- for the address on the item
- for a detailed description of the contents.
Once you submit the form we’ll provide you with a reference number (you can also get updates by logging in).
What happens next?
During an investigation, to gather information and work out where your item is, we may contact:
- the sender
- customs and quarantine (for international items)
- the overseas mail authority (for international items)
- the delivery centre that prepared your item for delivery
- lost property at our mail redistribution centre
- the delivery driver
- your local Post Office or the mailroom at your work (depending on where you item was delivered).
We’ll update you as information about your item becomes available. If your item is delivered, we’ll automatically close your case (you don’t need to do anything).
Fabled and your lost or missing box.
Our Customer Service Team with work with Auspost to investigate your enquiry.
If you live in Australia please lodge a claim as above through the Auspost website.
If you are an international customer please provide all the details through our Customer Support Form and we will lodge an enquiry on your behalf.
A successful lodgement through Auspost does not indicate that Fabled is able to send you a replacement box.
While Fabled works hard to ensure your box arrives at the address provided on your order we are no responsible for orders delivered to the correct address or orders sent to incorrect address details if provided by the customer or subscriber.